Friday, March 23, 2012

Deep in the trenches



Today I dedicate my post to my best friend in Liberia, Africa.

Have you ever felt so down, so beat up and weak you just didn't know how you were going to make it through? If you are alive, at some point in your life, you've felt this way. The great news is that there's hope for you. Believe it or not, there is a God in heaven who's Grace and Love is sufficient for you. Here in America we rarely get a glimpse at deep, lasting pain and suffering. My friend Ashley sees it every single day and every single day she has nothing to cling to but the Father. I feel like it's so easy to be complacent and uncaring here. How do we change that into compassion and love? A current battle of mine. A large battle that I fail at just about every single day. That and thanklessness. It's such a simple thing really, to be thankful. But how many of us really are? Most of us are only thankful when God gives us what we want or things go the way we think they should. My heart has been so heavy with these 2 things lately and I feel so convicted about living a life void of compassion and thankfulness. I challenge you to go to Ashley's blog and read the post titled, "Come, Lord Jesus" Just Click Here  I also challenge you to read Ann Voskamp's post titled "When you want to turn your life around"  These are two places that I have met with the Saviour. I hope you can meet Him there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know you're out there, say something!